Today we celebrate International Women’s Day. It’s a day to honor the achievements of women around the world and reaffirm our commitment to fighting for gender equality. If you are looking for ways to commemorate this day, below are some ways you can make a difference:
- If you see a lack of female participation at an event, question the organizers about it.
- Nominate talented women you know for opportunities that would be a good fit for them.
- Use inclusive language at work and at home.
- Vocally and visibly celebrate the successes of women around you.
- Buy from women-owned businesses and businesses that support gender equality.
- Select women to be team leaders and lend your support to visible women leaders.
- Ensure credit is given for women’s contributions.
Above all, commit to being an active change agent. Even the smallest of actions can have a big impact.
So, today and always, here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.